What are the Holidays without eggnog? Check out our delicious recipe for this festive drink!
6 large egg yolks
½ cup granulated sugar
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 cups 2% Milk
½ teaspoon grated Nutmeg
½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 teaspoon grated Cinnamon
6 oz. | 180 mL Crystal Head Onyx
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together in a medium bowl until light and creamy.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the cream, milk, nutmeg and a pinch of salt. Stir often until the mixture reaches a bare simmer.
- Add a spoonful of the hot milk to the egg mixture, whisking vigorously. Repeat, adding a spoonful at a time to temper the eggs.
- Once most of the hot milk has been added to the eggs, pour the mixture back into the saucepan on the stove.
- Whisk constantly for a few minutes until the mixture is slightly thickened. It will thicken more as it cools.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Crystal Head Onyx.
- Pour the eggnog through a fine mesh strainer into a pitcher or container and cover it with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until chilled. It will thicken as it cools. If you want a thinner, utterly smooth consistency, you can add the entire mixture to a blender with 1 or 2 tablespoons of milk and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with whipped cream, Orange slice, Orange zest, Cinnamon stick and grated Nutmeg.
- Store homemade eggnog in the fridge for up to one week.